Guests from all aspects of the watch industry gathered at the glamorous Altitude 360 venue in London last night to celebrate the unveiling of the first WatchPro Hot 100, which celebrates the key 100 people in the UK watch industry.
The CMJ was the principle partner of the WatchPro Hot 100, and had much reason to celebrate as many of the group's retail members and suppliers - and even one member of staff - was announced in the list of 100 names. The event was timed to coincide with the first two-day London Watch Show, which opened yesterday.
CMJ chief executive Willie Hamilton said: "As part of our remit to support the UK jewellery industry, the CMJ has been at the forefront of driving closer, more profitable partnerships between watch brands and the trusted high street brands of the independent jeweller. This new WatchPro Hot 100 is another joint venture that recognises and applauds the achievements of individuals that make our industry what it is today."
CMJ success in the WatchPro Hot 100
The CMJ saw many of its suppliers and retailers recognised in the WatchPro Hot 100.
In the Retail Stars category:
- Craig Rebuck of WatchWarehouse
- Tom and Joe Milner of Tustains
- Jane Paine of Fish Brothers
- Wes Suter of Steffans
- Dominic and Melanie Wakefield of Wakefields Jewellers
- Andrew Pass of John Pass Jewellers
In the Power Players category:
- Giles Bushby of Fossil Group
- Chris Bedworth of Nuval
- Victoria Campbell of Rotary
- Ian Shaffer of BQWatches
- Claudia and Giuseppe Ferro of Argento Fine Products
- Jak and Daniel Ozel of Unique Jewelry
- Hiroaki Kubo of Casio UK
- Steve Brydon of MGS
- Mark Winter of Intercity Group
In the Brand Champions category, sponsored by the CMJ:
- Henrik Leth Moller of Bering
- Patrick Mouffaridge of U-Boat
- Steve Ramsay of Bulova
- Craig Leach and Marcus Braybrook of Raymond Weil
- Jonathan Crocker of Accurist
- Paul Kustow of Meistersinger
- Mark Robinson of Citizen UK
- Mark Ryder of TW Steel
- Paul Harry of Peers Hardy
And finally, the Innovators category featured the CMJ's very own Lucy Hill.
Congratulations to everyone was named in the WatchPro Hot 100.