Case Study - Aquamarine & Diamond Ring.

This project started with the customer bringing in a brooch containing 8 old cut diamonds. This although in a poor state of repair was of great sentimental value.

The customer briefed me that the design should incorporate a coloured gem and should be sensitive to the heritage of the diamonds.

We started by presenting a number of possibilities for a centre stone eventually settling on a cushion cut aquamarine which matched the diamonds beautifully. We then spaced the diamonds around the Aquamarine and filled the gaps with small aquamarine creating a cushion shaped head. The cushion shape matched the shape of the old mine cut diamonds and with the mill graining around the setting gave a nod to the heritage of the diamond but using the modern basket and shank shape gave a contemporary feel to the final piece. The customer was kept in touch at each stage with computer generated images which gave her a very clear picture of the final piece.

“Dear Joe I wanted to sincerely thank you for all your help with my rings without your expertise and patience I’m not sure I would have had the confidence to go ahead (and I’m so glad I did)“
(Customer wished to be anonymous)

 

Before After